[Samba] Windows 2000 SP4 rollup 1

Allen Armstrong allen_armstrong at telus.net
Tue Nov 8 04:52:46 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have been trying to join a windows 2000 domain using NT4 style.  The
domain controller is running fully patched.  Is there any known issues with
joining a domain the doing lookups this way?  The reason why I ask is when I
join using the net rpc join, I am able to test the it using wbinfo -t and
returns successful.  I am however unable to get groups or users.
Interestingly enough here is what I get:

Wbinfo -u

Error looking up domain users

Wbinfo -g

Error looking up domain groups

With logging low I get:

winbindd.log:

[2005/11/06 23:39:37, 0] rpc_parse/parse_prs.c:prs_mem_get(535)

  prs_mem_get: reading data of size 4 would overrun buffer by 4 bytes.

I am just wondering if there is any issues with rollup or any the latest
patches.  I currently running samba samba-3.0.20b-1 running Red Hat
Enterprise Linux AS release 3 I built this samba from RPMS from the samba
web site.

Ttyl,

Allen Armstrong