[Samba] Change file owner

Luciano Andre Baramarchi luciano_mt at terra.com.br
Sun Nov 6 17:23:42 GMT 2005

Hi all ...

I have a Linux with EXT3 file system and ACL enabled shared by samba.

The samba is integrated with M$ AD by Winbind and Domain …

When I try changing the folder owner called “Test” by Window$
Explorer properties I have an error:

“Unable to set new owner on Test

  Access is denied”

This occurs with files too.

I am logged with user “Administrator” on Window$ and he is member of
“Domain Admins” group.

I also created “administrator” user in passwd linux file.

The result for getpwent function is:

[root at server03 Publico]# getent passwd | grep -i adminis

administrator:*:0:10000::/home/XXXXX/administrator:/bin/false

administrator:*:10166:10000::/home/XXXXX/administrator:/bin/false

I was included the first line in passwd file and second is generated
by “Winbind” service.

The directory owner in Linux is “administrator”

drwxrwxr-x+ 2 administrator Domain Users 4096 Nov  6 14:55 Test

How I can change the file owner by Window$ Explorer?

My smb.conf is displayed to follow.

Thanks.

[global]

         workgroup = XXXX

         realm = XXXX.LOCAL

         netbios aliases = SRV_XXXX

         server string = Samba Server

         security = DOMAIN

         map to guest = Bad User

         password server = XXX.XXX.1.1

         log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log

         max log size = 50

         printcap name = /etc/printcap

         dns proxy = No

         wins server = XXX.XXX.1.1

         idmap uid = 10000-20000

         idmap gid = 10000-20000

         winbind separator = -

         winbind use default domain = Yes

         comment = Pasta compartilhada com a Sec Exec.

         path = /vol10/ARQ/XXXX/beal

         read only = No

         guest ok = Yes

         cups options = raw

         veto files = lost+found

[PUBLICO]

         comment = Diretorio Publico Acesso Geral

         path = /vol10/ARQ/Publico

         veto files = /*.mp3/*.wma/*.wmv/

Luciano Andre Baramarchi
Multitask Consultoria Ltda