[Samba] nested groups w/local group

Michal Svoboda pht at spatium.org
Sun Nov 6 15:32:15 GMT 2005

Hi,

i'm trying to create a local group that would contain Domain Users
groups from two mutually trusting domains as its members. This would
be used to reduce overhead in granting privileges to users from both
domains.

I tried the following:
net rpc group add allusers -L
net rpc group addmem allusers 'DOMA\Domain Users'
net rpc group addmem allusers 'DOMB\Domain Users'

Now the trouble is that all the domain users from DOMB show up correctly
in `getent group allusers', but users from DOMA don't.

I'm doing this on the very same machine that serves as a PDC for DOMA,
so that's maybe why winbind does not see users from 'DOMA\Domain Users',
thus they don't show up in allusers.

But then, how can I achieve creating such a group?

Cheers,
Michal