[Samba] Samba BDC unable to join domain

Olivier Houde ohoude at drummonddesigns.com
Thu Nov 3 22:04:37 GMT 2005

Hi there,
I'm using SLES 9 with samba 3.0.14a. Authentication using LDAP
2.2.24-4.5. I recently setup a Linux box (SLES 9) as a BDC. It works,
there's no problem adding a new WinXP or Win2K on the domain but when i
try to add another Linux box using KDE GUI on the Linux client, i
receive this error: "utils/net_ads.c:ads_startup(191)ads_connect: No
results returned"

I also tried using net rpc join and it pops me an error "Unable to find
a suitable server". But it works with Windows machine...

Can someone help me with this ?

Thanks
Olivier Houde