[Samba] building samba w/ ldap librairies from different location

Nathan Vidican nvidican at wmptl.com
Thu Nov 3 13:20:22 GMT 2005

Still encountering lockup issues, and because of other system dependancies
(namely nss_ldap), cannot compile newer openldap (anything newer than 2.2.9),
into the system locations.

There was mention of simply 'modifying the build script' to make samba point to
somewhere else for the ldap librairies, but how? Which script? I've got OpenLDAP
2.3.11 compiles into /usr/openldap (./configure'd with --prefix=/usr/openldap,
so lib/include/bin/libexec/etc all under it's own tree there). I know I could
override the compiler flags for -I, but will the configure script find the right
ldap.h?

--
Nathan Vidican
nvidican at wmptl.com