[Samba] Re: Avoiding the desktop.ini notepad popup on startup, and

Eric A. Hall ehall at ehsco.com
Tue Nov 1 17:45:49 GMT 2005

On 11/1/2005 6:05 AM, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> why the problem only exists with Samba domain controllers, and not with
> Microsoft domain controllers - remains a mystery for me (perhaps someone
> from Samba team could comment on this)?

*NIX doesn't have a concept of hidden files. Files created as such aren't
stored that way, and Samba doesn't have an external map of individual
files and their DOS attributes.

You have to flag the filename pattern as hidden to Samba, then it will
return the appropriate attribute whenever the filename is encountered