[Samba] Samba Share Refresh Problem

David Petzel demon2000_2001 at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 02:55:17 GMT 2005

Hello,
   I have search up and down about this problem and I have since a lot of
posts of people who have had the problem but no solutions so I am posting
here hoping that someone can help me out.

Here is the scenario. I have Samba Version 3.010 running on Ubuntu 5.04.
Everything is working very well with the exception of one item.

I have created a shared and when I create a new folder I have to manually do
a refresh before I can rename the folder. If I perform this same operation
in a home share I do NOT have the problem. When creating the folder in the
home share it asks to provide a name for the folder as it is created. I have
double checked my smb.conf and I can not find anything to explain this. Does
anyone have any insight to this problem?