[Samba] Obtaining log level 10 for just specified user(s) (MS Word & Excel File Locking issue - still)

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Mon May 30 16:19:13 GMT 2005

On Monday 30 May 2005 07:40, Nathan Vidican wrote:
> Is it possible to make samba produce a log at level 10 for only a specified
> user(s), I am trying (still) to figure out why Samba processes climb to
> 100% CPU and the user loses connection with MS Word & Excel files being
> locked.

In your smb.conf file [global] section put:

	include = /etc/samba/%u.conf

In the file /etc/samba/'username'.conf put:

[global]
	log level = 10

Done!

 - John T.