[Samba] couldn't find service %u on 3.0.14a
Tomas.Polak at jaga.sk
Fri May 27 08:20:52 GMT 2005
I downgraded Samba to 3.0.7 and all problems disappears.
(3.0.7. was choosen because this was the only oldest version I find)
Until yet I have not find any other man reporting same problems with 3.0.14a
as I have.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tomáš Polák" <Tomas.Polak at jaga.sk>
To: <samba at lists.samba.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 4:33 PM
Subject: [Samba] couldn't find service %u
after upgrading from 3.0.8 to 3.0.14a I started have problems in my network.
- clients with W2KSP4
- Linux Debian Sarge server with Samba acting as PDC.
There was no other changes on server configuration.
1) Only some users cannot reach their home share automatically after login.
I am using "login drive = J:" to auto-setup connection after login.
2) Only some users cannot save files to some directories. But for example an
Excel temporary file is created in same location.
3) Sometimes some clients loses their connection to its shared home
There is only one new message talking about problem:
[2005/05/24 08:15:11, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection(794)
pczuzanag (10.1.1.85) couldn't find service %u
1) can be solved with manually joining network path to drive letter, this
feature is not mandatory
2) and 3) PLEASE HELP to find any workaround, we are heavy impacted
Trouble is, that I already do not have previous Debian Samba 3.0.8 packge to
return back to previous configuration.
Thanks for your reponses.
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
More information about the samba