[Samba] couldn't find service %u
Tomas.Polak at jaga.sk
Tue May 24 14:33:47 GMT 2005
after upgrading from 3.0.8 to 3.0.14a I started have problems in my network.
- clients with W2KSP4
- Linux Debian Sarge server with Samba acting as PDC.
There was no other changes on server configuration.
1) Only some users cannot reach their home share automatically after login. I am using "login drive = J:" to auto-setup connection after login.
2) Only some users cannot save files to some directories. But for example an Excel temporary file is created in same location.
3) Sometimes some clients loses their connection to its shared home directory
There is only one new message talking about problem:
[2005/05/24 08:15:11, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection(794)
pczuzanag (10.1.1.85) couldn't find service %u
1) can be solved with manually joining network path to drive letter, this feature is not mandatory
2) and 3) PLEASE HELP to find any workaround, we are heavy impacted
Trouble is, that I already do not have previous Debian Samba 3.0.8 packge to return back to previous configuration.
Thanks for your reponses.
More information about the samba