[Samba] Problem reading docs in .pdf

Roger Merritt mcrogerm at stjohn.ac.th
Fri May 27 02:20:54 GMT 2005

At 11:51 AM 5/26/2005 -0600, you wrote:
>On Thursday 26 May 2005 07:22, Jason Lavetan wrote:

<snip>

> > Am I missing something??
>
>Documentation! You are missing documentation. Please read the chapter on
>Updating/Upgrading Samba in the book "Samba-3 by Example" (aka. Samba-Guide).
>It is chapter 8, and your copy is waiting for you at:
>         http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-Guide.pdf
>
>Please let me know if we missed anything - it is vitally important that we
>get
>the documentation right.

First, I want to thank you for the great job you've done in improving the
documentation. One of my biggest frustrations when I first set up Samba
several years ago was the lack of documentation. Understandable at the
time, it was practically a one-man show then, and I was grateful to have a
tool that worked so well. Now I'm drowning in information, but love it.

Second, I've been able to read the docs in HTML format, which is really the
most convenient for me, but you (and others) always provide links to the
.pdf file, and I only get a blank page when I follow your links. I can't
figure out what's going on. I have the Adobe Reader plug-in installed, but
nothing shows up on the page. I've tried both Firefox and (shudder) IE with
the same results. I'm able to read .pdf docs at other sites with no
problem. One thing I haven't tried yet is to view the page source code to
see if I con figure out what's wrong.

I don't mean to complain, mind you. I'd really rather not read the .pdf,
but wanted to let you know.

--
Roger