[Samba] Upgrade samba from 2.2.7 to 3.0.14a

Jason Lavetan Jason.Lavetan at cooperbooth.com
Thu May 26 13:22:20 GMT 2005

I am trying to upgrade samba from 2.2.7-security-rollup-fix to 3.0.14a and
am having some issues.

The server is Red Hat Linux release 7.3 (Valhalla) with Kernel 2.4.18-3

I have download the samba source, compiled, and installed it, but none of my
older files seem to be updated.  I noticed that the new version is installed
to /usr/local/samba but most of the old files are in /usr/bin (such as
smbpasswd, smbclient, etc.) Do I have to link these files?

Am I missing something??

Thanks