[Samba] Auto-Extracting/expanging ISO images

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Wed May 25 18:57:13 GMT 2005

>Has anyone, or does anyone know of, a way to directly mount or utilize and
>iso image file as a filesystem? I'd like to use samba to create a series of
>shares based on ISO images; assuming one can mount an ISO image file one

Any reason to use seperate shares?  Many programs will deal with their
install data being not directly attached to a drive letter, and even so,
you could still mount a drive below the root of a share.  (net use q:
\\server\sharename\somedirinsidetheshare)

How about if you were to create one share that housed several
subdirectories.  Use those subdirs as automount keys with the relevant
data for automounting in place.

--
Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.