[Samba] Auto-Extracting/expanging ISO images

Nathan Vidican nvidican at wmptl.com
Wed May 25 18:51:56 GMT 2005

Perhaps a bit off-topic, but figured this might be a good question to pose
to the list before I go off re-inventing the wheel again...

Has anyone, or does anyone know of, a way to directly mount or utilize and
iso image file as a filesystem? I'd like to use samba to create a series of
shares based on ISO images; assuming one can mount an ISO image file one
could in theory serve windows clients as a cdrom archive (of course assuming
performance loss vs dealing with an extracted/actual cdrom). Anyone have any
ideas where I may go with this? Using FreeBSD as the underlying O/S on 64bit
dual AMD Opteron hardware if it matters any.

--
Nathan Vidican
nvidican at wmptl.com
Windsor Match Plate & Tool Ltd.