[Samba] SAMBA 3.0.14a and Windows 2003 Server SP1

Waters simpleheart at gmail.com
Tue May 24 19:45:35 GMT 2005

I had SAMABA 3.0.10 perfectly setup on Fedora core 3 as a Domain member
of windows 2003 Domain until I installed Win 2003 SP1.
I am using winbind for unified logons between windows 2003 Domain
Controller and Linux and everything was working perfectly. I could
access SAMBA shares from any windows domain member by giving windows
domain member username and password

The problems started the day I installed win2003 SP1. Everything works
fine on Linux system and all the configuration is the same as it was
before and I get all the desired results for the following commands:

wbinfo -u
wbinfo -g
getent passwd
getent groups
smbclient -L localhost -U%

Here is my smb.conf settings

-----------------------smb.conf-----------------------------
[global]

unix charset = LOCALE
workgroup = DOMAIN
security = DOMAIN
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
log level = 1
syslog = 0
log file = /var/log/samba/%m
max log size = 0
smb ports = 139 445
name resolve order = wins bcast hosts
printcap name = CUPS
wins server = 10.0.1.153 <http://10.0.1.153>
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
template primary group = "Domain Users"
template shell = /bin/bash
winbind separator = +
printer admin = root
;hosts allow = 192.168.2., 192.168.3., 127.
printing = cups

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
read only = No
browseable = No

[netlogon]
comment = Network Logon Service
path = /home/netlogon
read only = No

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/samba
printable = Yes
browseable = No

[public]
comment = Public Stuff
path = /home/public
read only = No
guest ok = Yes

But SAMBA shares are not accessible anymore from windows clients. I see
my SAMBA server name listen under my DOMAIN in Network Neighbourhoot
and when I click on that I get the follwowing message:

\\SAMBA Server is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
this network resource. Contact the administartor of this server to find
out if you have access permissions.

The network path is not found.

I even tried rolling back SP1 and SAMBA 3.0.14a but the problem still
remains.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me in resolving this
issue as I really ran out of options.

Thanks in Advance.

Waters