[Samba] smb an NFS dir?

Ben Ransom bransom at ucdavis.edu
Tue May 24 19:26:38 GMT 2005

I have /home nfs mounted from a NFS server to /home on a SMB server.  Can I
make %H shares available from the SMB server?  Or, more specifically, I
used to be able to with earlier versions of Linux and Samba, but have
problems now after upgrading to RHEL 3 and Samba 3.0.  From the windows
client, I can 'net use' the home share fine, but then cannot read or write
anything below that top level home/user directory.  I get Oplock errors.

If I change the user's dir to something non-nfs, everything works fine

Any help would be most appreciated,
-Ben