[Samba] SVN checkout problem

Buozis, Martynas martynas at ti.com
Tue May 24 06:51:06 GMT 2005

Hello

I have problems with checkout using SVN. I am following instructions on
page http://us2.samba.org/samba/subversion.html.

First of all DNS can't resolve name svnanon.samba.org. I checked
nslookup and dig on three different systems using three different
providers - my office, T-Online and Litnet. DNS servers for all three
providers responded that host name not found. I also got IP address from
Jerry and tried to do checkout using IP address, but it was also not
helpful. While trying to checkout different sources I had no problems.
Here is log history :

# svn checkout svn://svnanon.samba.org/samba/branches/SAMBA_3_0
samba-3_0
svn: Unknown hostname 'svnanon.samba.org'
# svn checkout svn://66.70.73.150/samba/branches/SAMBA_3_0 samba-3_0
svn: Can't connect to host '66.70.73.150': Connection timed out
# svn checkout http://svn.collab.net:81/repos/svn/trunk subversion
A  subversion/Makefile.in
A  subversion/build.conf
A  subversion/ac-helpers
A  subversion/ac-helpers/install.sh
A  subversion/ac-helpers/install-sh
A  subversion/www
{skipped]

Here is an example of DNS from Litnet network (193.219.32.13 is .lt TLD
NS) :

# nslookup svanon.samba.org 193.219.32.13
Server:  nemunas.sc-uni.ktu.lt
Address:  193.219.32.13

*** nemunas.sc-uni.ktu.lt can't find svanon.samba.org:Non-existent
host/domain
#

Can somebody help me to resolve this ? Thanks !

With best regards
Martynas Buozis