[Samba] samba4 openldap

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Sat May 21 07:27:22 GMT 2005

fre, 20.05.2005 kl. 18.02 skrev Caleb O'Connell:

> I see that samba4 will have it's own LDAP database.

Quote your source ;) And exactly what are you inferring?

>   How will the support
> for OpenLDAP be?

If it's any different from Samba 3, there will be one hell of a to do
with all previously installed bases. Just imagine ...

>  if anyone knows.  Will I have the option to use OpenLDAP
> still for all the new features so as to be able to use current apps that
> use OpenLDAP already?  If anyone has info regarding this, it would be
> appreciated.

As far as I'm concerned, if Samba suddenly stops working with the
site-wide LDAP database that I already use for umpteen other site-wide
services, then Samba rots out, not the other services (pam Unix and gdm
authentication and login, e-mail, printer quota, etc.)

--Tonni

--
Nothing sucksseeds like a pigeon without a beak ...

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They'll love us, won't they? They feed us, don't they? ...