[Samba] Print Share Problem

E Hines eehines at comcast.net
Fri May 20 19:03:49 GMT 2005

I'm running FC3 and Samba 3.0.14a.  I'm trying to work through Exercise
2.3 of the on-line Samba-3 by Example, and mostly things ore OK, but I
can't get my print share to show up when I run smbclient -L localhost -U
%.  Everything else shows up correctly (although I do get two workgroups
to appear, as there is another workgroup to which I used to belong
before I separated from it (I thought) to set up a test LAN for these
exercises), and I both can ping my printer by name and get back its
correct MAC address from a subsequent arp -a.

Relevant parts of my smb.conf follow.

[global]
        workgroup = DOM_TEST
        name resolve order = wins bcast hosts lmhosts
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        show add printer wizard = No
        domain logons = Yes
        preferred master = Yes