[Samba] SMB service not starting automatically

Chuck Theobald chuckt at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Fri May 20 18:00:48 GMT 2005

This would depend on what OS you run.  For Solaris, I create an smb script
in /etc/init.d, then link to this from /etc/rc2.d.  I also create a kill
link in /etc/rc0.d:

# ln -s /etc/init.d/smb /etc/rc0.d/K90smb
# ln -s /etc/init.d/smb /etc/rc2.d/S90smb
# more /etc/init.d/smb
#!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
   start)