[Samba] Samba and Window 2003

Covington, Chris ccovington at plusone.com
Fri May 20 16:49:12 GMT 2005

> Did you do that or has anyone accomplished reinstalling a
> new version of Kerberos

Yes I've done that back when I used to use Red Hat.  Download the
MITKRB5 source and install it in a different directory from the RH one.
Read the readme files in the MITKRB5 source tarball to learn how to do
this.  Then when compiling samba, point it to the alternate MITKRB5
location when you compile it.  Read the readme files in the samba source
tarball to learn how to do this.

Then follow this document
http://us2.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/domain-member
.html to get samba working with ADS.  Make sure you read the end of this
page for a Windows 2003 configuration option.

---
Chris Covington
IT
Plus One Health Management