[Samba] Converting passwords to Linux (NIS)

R. Holtz richard.holtz at handsworth.bham.sch.uk
Fri May 20 13:09:02 GMT 2005

The irony wasn't lost on me, but I look at it this way: I'm abandoning
Windows, not Samba. Samba was a fantastic tool for the job I wanted to do at
the time, and I would recommend it to anyone who needs to use both OSes.

I remain hopeful that the tool (or a method) is out there, and suspect that
the community that provides a bridge between Windows and Linux is the most
likely to have heard about it.

> You are asking a Samba list for help moving off Samba?  I'm not
> criticizing, just pointing out the irony.  I'd be surprised if a samba
> tool exists to move NT accounts to NIS.

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation