[Samba] Re: Two questions on winbind and nsswitch.conf

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at videotron.ca
Wed May 18 19:40:12 GMT 2005

John H Terpstra wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 May 2005 12:45, Etienne Goyer wrote:
>>2. The domain to which I connect have username in both upper- and
>>lowercase, ie user1 and USER2.  Is there a way to make winbind lowercase
>>all username ?
>
> Suggest you update to 3.0.14a (current stable) or 3.0.15pre3 (current SVN)
> as I believe we made a few changes in this code. If I am not mistaken all user
> names are now returned in lower case. Domain names remain in uppercase as I
> recall.

My error, the question was not pertinent to my setup in the first place.
 I assumed that the username from nsswitch would be the same as returned
by "wbinfo -u".  I just checked, and username are indeed lowercased when
running "getent passwd".  I am using samba-3.0.10-1.4E rpm on RHEL 4.

Thanks very much for your prompt answer M. Terpstra.