[Samba] Group SID problems?

jonlists jonlists at cbsol.com
Tue May 17 18:11:53 GMT 2005

Now that I look at this further, I notice that the "Domain Users", "Domain
Admins", etc are not assigned..... mapped.

Unfortunately, trying to assign them using the net groupmap modify results
in a complaint the first time that the group "Domain Admins" doesn't exist
in mapping DB (which it doesn't because it's LDAP, although you can't add
it due to spaces).
net groupmap add "Domain Users" unixgroup=users complains that "group 1002
already exists in LDAP

So the key here is how I add "Domain users" to OpenLDAP, then map that
group to unixgroup users. ....... correct?

Jon Johnston
Creative Business Solutions
IBM, Microsoft, Novell/Suse, Sophos Consultants
http://www.cbsol.com
blog:http://bingo.cbsol.com

samba-bounces+jonlists=cbsol.com at lists.samba.org wrote on 05/17/2005
11:32:39 AM: