[Samba] Can't See All Linux Shares

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Mon May 16 19:52:19 GMT 2005

On Monday 16 May 2005 12:08, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> man, 16.05.2005 kl. 17.33 skrev Chris:
> > > The four shares in question are: [winstuff], [music library], [photo
> > > library], and [uop].
> > >
> > > The two that show up okay are: [winstuff] and [uop].
> > >
> > > The two that don't show up are: [music library] and [photo library].
> >
> > An observation: the two that don't show up have spaces in them.
>
> Indeed. I tried this out on my test rig (RHAS3 and Samba 3.0.14a) and
> not only does smbclient not like spaces in the share name, neither does
> it like underscores or hyphens. I can't find this anywhere in the docs.

Documentation patches will be received with great delight! Documentation
sources can be obtained via anonymous subversion as follows:

	svn co svn://svnanon.samba.org/samba/trunk samba-docs

In the open source world, a patch is an acceptable form of protest or
complaint. :-)

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra