[Samba] Can't See All Linux Shares

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Mon May 16 18:08:09 GMT 2005

man, 16.05.2005 kl. 17.33 skrev Chris:

> > The four shares in question are: [winstuff], [music library], [photo
> > library], and [uop].
> >
> > The two that show up okay are: [winstuff] and [uop].
> >
> > The two that don't show up are: [music library] and [photo library].
>
> An observation: the two that don't show up have spaces in them.

Indeed. I tried this out on my test rig (RHAS3 and Samba 3.0.14a) and
not only does smbclient not like spaces in the share name, neither does
it like underscores or hyphens. I can't find this anywhere in the docs.

--Tonni

--
Nothing sucksseeds like a pigeon without a beak ...

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They'll love us, won't they? They feed us, don't they? ...