[Samba] Sarbanes-Oxley headaches

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Sun May 15 10:14:37 GMT 2005

<http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-
> Collection/passdb.html#id2552851>

I stand corrected :) I dived straight in at the deep end with Samba,
already had my LDAP DIT set up my way and if Samba didn't work with
that, Samba was useless. As it happens, smbpasswd is brilliant used in
my own shell scripts ... I'll bear in mind that there's an smbpasswd
backend. I'd "forgotten".

> I gather that OP would be better served by using a tdb or ldap backend.

Probably. The doco doesn't seem to be too wildly enthusiastic about the
smbpasswd backend, not surprisingly.

--Tonni

--
Nothing sucksseeds like a pigeon without a beak ...

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They'll love us, won't they? They feed us, don't they? ...