[Samba] Question about LDAP migration...

dijuremo at math.gatech.edu dijuremo at math.gatech.edu
Fri May 13 14:14:53 GMT 2005

Also since you are moving from and old openldap 2.0.27 to a newer 2.2, that
leads to the question:

Was the old server running a 2.X.X samba series?

Remember that the samba schema has been changed from 2.0 to 3.0. You may
actually need to copy the appropriate samba 3 schema from the samba
examples to the schema folder in ldap and then make sure slapd is loading
it.

You will also need to write a script that will parse the ldif file and
replace the old naming convention prior to adding it to the new openldap
server.

You may have already done this, but it is worth checking.

Diego