[Samba] not able to do dns lookups after following samba 3 by example

Vincent Yonemitsu yonemitsuv at bpl.on.ca
Thu May 12 19:12:37 GMT 2005

Further to this when I changed the line to
hosts : file dns wins

I am not able to logon to the domain. I would assume this has something
to do with DNS interfering with WINS and this  Samba PDC is supposed to
be the wins server for this domain? When I switch the line back to
hosts : file wins
All the computers on the domain can login, but when I am on the server I
can't use dns. :(