[Samba] not able to do dns lookups after following samba 3 by example

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Thu May 12 18:14:36 GMT 2005

On Thursday 12 May 2005 11:59, Vincent Yonemitsu wrote:
> So I followed the steps in samba 3 by example and I got my Samba PDC up
> and running.

Which chapter, section and step please. I will need to add another warning.

> I have a feeling like when I changed the nsswitch.conf file to have the
> line
> hosts:   files wins
>
> It screwed up my ability to do normal DNS lookups on that machine? Has
> anyone else experienced this?

Of course! You removed the dns entry! What you need is:

hosts: files dns wins

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra