[Samba] [HELP-Syntax] net rpc share migrate

Guenther Deschner gd at suse.de
Thu May 12 14:43:48 GMT 2005

Hi,

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 02:58:17PM +0200, Michael Gasch wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm trying to migrate files and shares from NT PDC to samba v3 (3.0.14a) box
>
> net rpc share migrate shares netlogon -S server -Uadministrator
> password: *mypass*
>
> error: cannot add share - WERR_ACCESS_DENIED
>
> it's making a connection to localhost IPC$
> i manually mounted IPC$ as administrator, which worked fine
> i also have full access to netlogon on "server"

could you send a log-level 10 of that "net"-failure offlist to me? As well as a
log-level 10 of the corresponding smbd (your localhost).

> did you ever manage to migrate files/shares (with acls)?

well, yes :)

> it's badly documented :(

I feel sorry about that, John and me are currently on that. Expect to have much
better documentation about "net share migrate" available online rather soon.

> how can i specify migrating acls on the commandline?

--acls

Guenther