[Samba] smbldap_open_connection(623)

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Wed May 11 19:04:22 GMT 2005

>When I do a
>
>ldapsearch -ZZ -x -H ldap://red.ab.com/ -b '' -s base '(objectclass=*)'+
>
>I get the error:
>
>Ldap_start_tls: Connect error (-11)
>	Additional info: error:14077410:SSL
>routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure

Yep, that's most definately an OLDAP error.  I'd maybe try taking tls
out of the equation before you get something running well, unless that's
the point you're at.  That is to say, adding TLS.

You're running a native ldap command and getting a real ldap error,
samba is no where in the mix.  While I'm sure there's a few people
around here that know exactly what that error means, you'd probably get
a lot more traction asking the oldap list.  You'll probably find a lot
more references if you limit your search to LDAP specific and not
including samba, if that's the route you've been going on.

As many have said before (ok, maybe just a couple of us),  you should
get a firm grasp on your LDAP setup before you ever try to wire up your
samba config to it.  What this means is getting your authentication and
replication, if applicable, working like a charm before you even start
the samba daemon up the first time.  In your particular case, it looks
like you're also trying to run tls, which is another building block.
You should have the base, wide open, ldap server running to your
understanding before slapping encryption into it.

It's much harder to fine tune your car's road ride if you have problems
keeping the engine running.

--
Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.