[Samba] Question about LDAP migration...

Collins, Kevin KCollins at nesbittengineering.com
Tue May 10 17:34:19 GMT 2005

> >My question is this:  My existing LDAP directory doesn't have thais
> >definition and I'm able to use the Administrator account
> without problems.
> >So, why am I getting this error?  Additionally, what impact
> will this
> >change have (if any)?
> >

> Are you running the same version of ldap server on both
> machines?  This sounds a lot like the changes we had to deal
> with when going from OLDAP 2.0 - 2.1.  I can't remember
> offhand what we did, but I could be pressed to find it maybe ;)

Paul,

Thanks for the reply....

You're right, my existing server is running OpenLDAP 2.0.27 and my lab's
server is running OpenLDAP 2.2.23.

I guess the biggest concern I have is any problems that may have come into
play because of the version differences.  I'm using this lab as a "practice
run" for the real upgrade later in the year.  I'd like to resolve all o fhte
issues now and not then. ;-)

Kevin