[Samba] Are the following cockups in ldap entries or normal behaviour now ?

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Tue May 10 15:57:40 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 10 May 2005 01:58, Geoff Scott wrote:
> When doing a vampire all my PC's are shown in the resulting log as being
> members of the Domain Users group and none of my "real users" are shown yet
> in Ldap all my users are shown with memberUid in the domain users group and
> no computers are shown eg:
>
> dn: cn=Domain Users,ou=Groups,<snip>
> objectClass: posixGroup
> objectClass: sambaGroupMapping
> gidNumber: 513
> cn: Domain Users
> <snip>
> memberUid: administrator
> memberUid: deloitte
> memberUid: iusr_guests
> memberUid: template
>

> My machines all have a SID that ends in 513 the domain users RID:
> sambaPrimaryGroupSID: S-1-5-21-<snip>-513
>
> My users have no passwords set eg:
>
> dn: uid=deloitte,ou=Users
> <snip>
> sambaLMPassword: XXX
> sambaPrimaryGroupSID: S-1-5-21-<snip>-513
> sambaNTPassword: XXX
>

> Is this expected behaviour when vampiring from an NT server using the
> smbldap-tools-0.8.8.tgz ?
>
> Or does it appear that I have stuffed up badly?

Geoff,

See the answer to the previous question I posted a reply to. I do not
understand why migrations are at times most variable in completeness. It is
possible that Samba-3's protocols are missing some security protocol function
call that only gets used by NT4 under certain situations.

- John T.