[Samba] Are the following cockups in ldap entries or normal behaviour now ?

Geoff Scott geoffs at guestshire.com
Tue May 10 07:58:11 GMT 2005

When doing a vampire all my PC's are shown in the resulting log as being
members of the Domain Users group and none of my "real users" are shown yet
in Ldap all my users are shown with memberUid in the domain users group and
no computers are shown eg:

dn: cn=Domain Users,ou=Groups,<snip>
objectClass: posixGroup
objectClass: sambaGroupMapping
gidNumber: 513
cn: Domain Users
<snip>
memberUid: administrator
memberUid: deloitte
memberUid: iusr_guests
memberUid: template

My machines all have a SID that ends in 513 the domain users RID:
sambaPrimaryGroupSID: S-1-5-21-<snip>-513

My users have no passwords set eg:

dn: uid=deloitte,ou=Users
<snip>
sambaLMPassword: XXX
sambaPrimaryGroupSID: S-1-5-21-<snip>-513
sambaNTPassword: XXX

Is this expected behaviour when vampiring from an NT server using the
smbldap-tools-0.8.8.tgz ?

Or does it appear that I have stuffed up badly?

Regards Geoff Scott