[Samba] sambaDomainName=DOMAIN for next free id

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Tue May 10 07:18:23 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 10 May 2005 00:15, Geoff Scott wrote:
> Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> > man, 09.05.2005 kl. 05.51 skrev Geoff Scott:
> >> I'm following JHT's example doc off the web.  I just applied a patch
> >> for the confiure.pl script for the smbldap-tools that John gave me.
> >> It now makes the sambaUnixIdPooldn object default to:
> >> cn=sambaDomainName=DOMAIN whereas the output of the configure.pl
> >> script given in Chapter 9 of the book is shown as:
> >> sambaDomainName=DOMAIN
> >
> > cn doesn't exist as an attribute in this objectClass. sambaDomain is
> > the objectClass, sambaDomainName and sambaSID are required
> > attributes, sambaNextRID, sambaNextGroupRID, sambaNextUserRID and
> > sambaAlgorithmicRidBase are allowedattributes.
>
> Thank you Tony.

Scary! You found an obvious bug that has had me hopping mad for not being able
to see the forest for the trees. Thank you! You have again proven the
importance of the many-eyes paradigm.

Now, if only we could get more feedback and review of the new docs I will be
thrilled even further. :-)

- John T.