[Samba] Printer sleep mode problem

Tor samba at eyepsoft.com
Tue May 10 02:33:17 GMT 2005

Dear group,

I have a Samsung ML-1740 laser printer connected to an OpenBSD 3.5 server using a USB connection. The printer is accessed from
Windows PCs through Samba 3.0.14a and CUPS (using raw printer driver).

The problem I am having is that after my printer goes into power save mode (a desired feature, I only print 2-3 times a week) I
always have to send two print jobs; one to "wake" up the printer and then the "real" print job.

This might be an issue with CUPS or the printer itself, but I was hoping someone on this list have seen a similar problem. Any
ideas?

Regards,
Tor Tovsland
Mitchell, SD, USA