[Samba] can join the W2K domain controller

Talwar, Puneet (NIH/NIAID) PTALWAR at niaid.nih.gov
Mon May 9 17:10:53 GMT 2005

Well a strange thing is going on here, I am able connect to the Samba server
from my WIN XP client box which on the same subnet as the samba server and
PDC.  But when I go to a different subnet I get permission denied message
when connecting to the samba server.  I check the logs on the samba server
and it say unable to connect to the PDC server.

I explained the problem to the network engineer guys and they said there is
no firewall blocking the PDC server.

So I am kind a lost here as what is going on?

Puneet Talwar