[Samba] 3.0.14 and MacOs X (tiger)

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Mon May 9 16:07:02 GMT 2005

When I upgraded to Tiger just the other day, my network settings showed
that the Windows service was shut off.  I think Tiger resets some of
those things (all of those things?) to defaults.  Now, I think this only
applies to shares the Mac is serving, but it may also apply to accessing
Windows shares.

Go to System Preferences -> Sharing, and poke around in there.  I forget
exactly where the setting is, and I'm not in front of my Mac at the
moment, but find the Windows service in there, and turn it on (it might
also be under Firewall -- the default is to deny the protocol, so that
would also kill Mac access to Windows shares).

--Dragon