[Samba] weird error mounting 2 homes from winxp.

Jeff MacDonald bignose at gmail.com
Fri May 6 15:45:52 GMT 2005

Hi

My samba server [freebsd 5.3] has 2 users "bignose" and "jeff". If i
mount them both from a winxp box, one is writeable the other is not.
The weird part is, it all depends on which order I mount them, the
second one is always the one that is read-only while the first is
always writeable.

Here's my config file.. pretty basic as you can see. I guess the only
potentially weird part is that jeff is at /usr/home/jeff and bignose
is on /mnt/dr2/bignose..

[global]

workgroup = WORKGROUP
server string = Samba Server
hosts allow = 192.168.0. 127.
load printers = no
log file = /var/log/log.%m
max log size = 50
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
socket options = TCP_NODELAY
interfaces = 192.168.0.1/24
dns proxy = no

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writeable = yes

Thanks millions, if anyone has any ideas.

Jeff.

--
Jeff MacDonald
http://www.halifaxbudolife.ca