[Samba] Dual ethernet server on the same LAN

Peter Szmrecsanyi peter at totallinux.com.br
Thu May 5 18:10:38 GMT 2005

I've never tried this but could you not run two instatnces of the SMBD
server, and bind one to an interface and the other to the other
interface...

Maybe make two smb.conf files (putting the drone shares and interface
one on efile a the probe shares and interface on the other file) then
start smbd -s smb.conf1, followed by smbd -s smb.conf2.

Falling that, set up your DNS so the probe is the IP of one interface
and drone is tha IP of the other interface (not a round robin fashion
and you are not trying to shared the load but to split the load). Then
on all your widows clients go to the network adapter configutation
(TCP/IP) and select the "Disable NetBIOS" feature, that way those
clients will be using only CIFS (or IP address instead of the names).
You can also disable WINS...

Now all probe traffic should go throught the probe interface and
likewise for the drone traffic.

Hope this helps.

Peter.