[Samba] PDC: Unable to change password from windows XP box

Ganeshram Iyer ganeshramiyer at gmail.com
Thu May 5 14:58:30 GMT 2005

On 5/5/05, Phil Dawson <phil.dawson at gedys.co.uk> wrote:
> User logs on to domain ( samba PDC ) then tries to change their password
> they see "You do not have permission to change your password".  Could
> somebody tell me please how I give users permission to change their
> password?
>
> TIA
Need more info from you. I had this problem nagging me for a long time
and then figured out the problem by accident (I think I know what was
causing the problem). But let us know what OS you are using what your
smb.conf is etc. I used this site to setup my SAMBA PDC. You could try
that too:
http://www.hughesjr.com/content/view/24/2/Site_News

Ganesh