[Samba] Mac OS X 10.4 AD / Samba problems

Matt R aaron_milwaukee at yahoo.com
Thu May 5 00:40:08 GMT 2005

I am having some problems with joining a Mac OS X
machine to my Win2k AD domain, that appear to be Samba
problems.

All home directroies in the domain are hosted on a
Suse 9.2 box running samba 3.0.9-2.3-SUSE.  Windows
machines in the domain work fine, mounting a home
directory from the samba machine.

The Mac OS X machine half works.  It domain users can
log into the Mac machine with their AD creds, but
their home directories are not mounted.  Attempting to
connect to samba machine manually returns an error.
>From log.$CLIENT on the samba box:

[2005/05/04 19:15:13, 1]
smbd/sesssetup.c:reply_spnego_kerberos(265)
  make_server_info_from_pw failed!

Domain users who login to the Mac are able to manually
map shares on Windows servers.

To furhter complicate matters, my domain administrator
IS able to successfully mount his network home
directory on the mac.  Attempts to connect to the home
directory share from the Finder just reports "you're
already connected" error message.

I am at a loss here.  I'll post more information as I
come across it, including some tcpdumps shortly.

Thanks in advance

-Matt