[Samba] Creating a BDC

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Tue May 3 12:09:14 GMT 2005

Good morning/evening to all.

I hope I'm not taking up space here or wasting people's time but -

I've had several samba machines joined to a Win2k3 AD for some time now.  Of
course, I'm using kerberos, but that's it.

I've kinda rolled the bones up 'til now in that I've relied on the PDC without
having a BDC.  But, if the PDC were to experience any down time during the
work day, ...

So, I'd like to create a BDC on one of the samba boxes.  Now, I've looked at
the how-to, but am wondering if ldap is absolutely necessary?  What might be
the easiest/least painful way to accomplish this?

Many thanks.

Dimitri