[Samba] Samba 3.0.10-1.4E and RedHat Enterprise 4.

Sven Wells sven.wells at wilm.ppdi.com
Tue May 3 12:00:07 GMT 2005

I am currently running a RedHat Linux Enterprise 4 server and have
configure Samba 3.0.10-1.4E on this server.  I have successfully joined
a Windows 2003 Active Directory domain and have been able to provide
access to a share on the Samba server to certain members/users/groups of

the domain that the Samba server is a member of.  However, a trusted
domain (two-way) trust, is not being allowed access as such.  The Samba
server knows the trusted domain exists, however, none of the users  are
able to access the SAMBA share.  Also, when I pipe the "getent passwd"
and/or the "getent group" command to a text file(s) and look throught
the text file(s), none of the users/groups for the trusted domain show
up, only the users/groups of the domain the SAMBA server is a member of
a listed.

Can you point me in the direction of what I may be doing incorrectly and

how I may resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Sven H. Wells
910-772-6870
919-379-2627 (fax)
sven.wells at wilm.ppdi.com

This email transmission and any documents, files or previous email
messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or a person
responsible for delivering this transmission to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission and
that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or use of this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone
or return email and delete the original transmission and its attachments
without reading or saving in any manner.