[Samba] Samba-3 by Example Ch 6

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Mon May 2 07:53:32 GMT 2005

man, 02.05.2005 kl. 07.07 skrev taso:

> > I am following Chapter 6 of Samba-3 By Example to set up Samba on
> > a Fedora 3 box. It seems to go Ok until page 144 step 5.
> >
> > # net getlocalsid
> > [2005/05/02 00:22:04, 0] lib/smbldap.c:smbldap_search_suffix(1155)
> >   smbldap_search_suffix: Problem during the LDAP search:  (No such object)
> > SID for domain SIROCCO is: S-1-5-21- etc
> >

> The smbldap_search_suffix: error went away when I added the following entries
> to LDAP directory.
>
> dn: dc=esands,dc=com
> objectclass: dcObject
> objectclass: organization
> o: ESS
> dc: esands
>
> dn: cn=Manager,dc=esands,dc=com
> objectclass: organizationalRole
> cn: Manager
>
> http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin22/quickstart.html shows how to do the above.
>
> Now "net getlocalsid sirocco" produces the same SID as "net getlocalsid esands",
> ie the same SID for both the host (PDC) and the domain. Can anybody confirm that it's
> supposed to be like that?

There is no such command as "net getlocalsid user". What you're seeing
in both cases is the output of "net getlocalsid". 'man net', search for
"getlocalsid".

--Tonni

--
Nothing sucksseeds like a pigeon without a beak ...

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They'll love us, won't they? They feed us, don't they? ...