[Samba] Samba-3 by Example Ch 6

taso ahg1 at aanet.com.au
Mon May 2 05:07:05 GMT 2005

taso wrote:
> I am following Chapter 6 of Samba-3 By Example to set up Samba on
> a Fedora 3 box. It seems to go Ok until page 144 step 5.
>
> # net getlocalsid
> [2005/05/02 00:22:04, 0] lib/smbldap.c:smbldap_search_suffix(1155)
>   smbldap_search_suffix: Problem during the LDAP search:  (No such object)
> SID for domain SIROCCO is: S-1-5-21- etc

The smbldap_search_suffix: error went away when I added the following entries
to LDAP directory.

dn: dc=esands,dc=com
objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization
o: ESS
dc: esands

dn: cn=Manager,dc=esands,dc=com
objectclass: organizationalRole
cn: Manager

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin22/quickstart.html shows how to do the above.

Now "net getlocalsid sirocco" produces the same SID as "net getlocalsid esands",
ie the same SID for both the host (PDC) and the domain. Can anybody confirm that it's
supposed to be like that?