[Samba] LDAP shared files error

Jamrock news_jamrock at yahoo.com
Sun May 1 00:52:50 GMT 2005

I am installing Samba 3.0.14a on Whitebox Linux 3.0 with Openldap 2.2.24.

Openldap is working well and we can query the entries that we have in our
addressbook.

I have installed Samba from source.  The configure, make and make install
appear to go okay.

When I try to start Samba
with /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd -D
I ge the following error

/usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd: error while loading shared libraries:
libldap.2.2.so.7: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory

I see the libldap.2.2.so.7 in /usr/local/lib and
/usr/local/openldap-2.2.24/libraries/libldap/.libs

My include/config.h file contains the line
#define HAVE_LDAP 1

What am I missing?