[Samba] Does SAMBA ever work with 2003 Server native mode ADS?

Dave Rutlidge dave at directdataservices.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 13:14:38 GMT 2005

I posted a query re a problem I was having getting SAMBA to authenticate
using a Windows 2003 Server ADS and got no reply. Also, I've searched
the web (before posting) and no one else had a reply to any similar
question.

Does SAMBA actually work with 2003 ADS at all or am I flogging a dead
horse?

Getting no reply is a real bummer.  At least getting "forget it!" means
I don't waste more time looking for the issue.

Has ANYONE got SAMBA to work with 2003 Server in native mode? How?

If it doesn't work using Kerberos, is there another way?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

One very struggling SAMBA mewbie :((