[Samba] Renamed Win2K Box No Longer Authenticates

Jake Colman colman at ppllc.com
Mon Mar 28 19:09:00 GMT 2005

My home network uses Samba 2.2.7 as a PDC for a windows network running a mix
of Win98 and Win2K machines.  The domain name is JNCHOME.

My office laptop, named MERCURY, is on the PRINCIPIA domain.  I successfully
configured PRINCIPIA as a trusted network for JNCHOME so that when I connect
MERCURY to the JNCHOME network I get full access to all JNCHOME services.
This has been working for many months.

The office IS staff just renamed MERCURY as JCOLMAN.  Now when I connect my
laptop to JNCHOME I can no longer browse JNCHOME nor get access to any of its
services.  What do I do?

I did try creating a new machine account for jcolman$ and then using
'smbpasswd -a -m jcolman' to add the machine but this did not help.

So how do I get my renamed office laptop to gain access to my home network
services?

TIA!

...Jake

--